A printable document with information about all the missions the NUMC supports.
Inspired by the example of Jesus, Christians are engaged in ministry to the world by putting faith and love into action. Nashville United Methodist Church supports numerous mission programs, many of which are listed and described below.
We encourage our members to actively participate in the missions we support. Additionally, 100 percent of the gifts made to NUMC missions go directly to support these mission projects.
Hunger Relief–Stock The Shelves is a program that supports local food relief agencies which care for those in need in Brown County. Each month a needed food product or personal item not covered by food stamps is gathered from the congregation. Items needed are listed in Sunday bulletins and monthly newsletters and deliveries are made on a regular basis.
Sock and Underwear Mission—supplies Brown County children with socks and underwear through local schools and agencies (Christole, BC Children’s Christmas Fund, Parents’ Day Out, Children’s Stay, God’s Grace and individuals). We accept donations of all sizes as well as monetary gifts for this purpose.
Children’s Missions— have included the following projects for the last two years: a summer VBS mission project; a community school supply dive in August; and Operation Christmas Child (shoe boxes) in November.
United Methodist Women—support The Lucille Raines Residence Home (Indianapolis, Ind.), The Heifer Project, The Indiana United Methodist Children’s Home (Lebanon, Ind.), UMCOR, Belize Library Program (Roatan), We Care Gang, Parents’ Day Out, Mother’s Cupboard, and Turning Point. For more information on Nashville UMW, please CLICK HERE.
Pregnancy Care Center—is promoted through public awareness, layette blanket donations, the Walk for Life and the Baby Bottle Campaign.
Habitat for Humanity—is a non-denominational effort to build affordable housing.
Missions supported outside our community— The Nashville United Methodist Church supports several missions outside our community:
- UMCOR (United Methodist Committee on Relief): Supports disaster victims through funds, flood buckets or health kits. UMCOR is registered with the IRS as a 501(c)(3) charity, and all your gifts are tax deductible. Contact them at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Heifer Project: Helps to end world hunger & poverty through gifts of livestock and training.
- Kissy Clinic: A ministry of Operation Classroom in Sierra Leone, Africa.
- UM Mountain Mission: Provides clothing & household items for people of Eastern Kentucky.
- Indiana UM Children’s Home: Residential home in Lebanon, Ind., that guides boys and girls with educational, emotional and behavioral difficulties.
- Mission Guatemala: Mission Guatemala currently operates health and dental clinics that serve the Mayan population in Guatemala. NUMC has pledged prayer and financial support for a previous pastor, Tom Heaton as he serves this ministry. In addition, our members have traveled twice to Mission Guatemala to help Pastor Tom with the projects there.
Fallfare: Started in 1972 as a Saturday morning bazaar to raise funds for a new sanctuary carpet, Fallfare has developed into a spectacular yearly church-wide effort which has raised as much as $15,000 for missions. Fallfare, always celebrated the first Saturday in October, has enveloped the entire Nashville Village Green with over fifteen varied booths. Over the years funding has been provided to more than 25 local, national and international missions as well as contributing to special projects within NUMC.