Adult Sunday School
Presently, NUMC offers four Sunday School classes for adults. Sunday School classes begin at 9:30 a.m. unless otherwise note:
- Basement Bunch—Meets in Fellowship Hall and is exploring the Weekly Devotional Study by Rick Warren.
- The Upper Room—Meets in Classroom B and is studying the Cokesbury Adult Bible Studies curriculum.
- The Green Room—The Green Room is a long-standing group of NUMC members and community members who gather to discuss topics of current issues and faith concerns. It’s a lively and welcoming group — disagreement is common but everyone goes home friends!
- Sweeter than Honey Group — Remember the verse from Psalm 119:103? “How sweet are your words to my taste, sweeter than honey to my mouth!” This group takes its names from that verse and focuses on texts and topics to explore the meaning of scripture for ‘faith seeking understanding.’
for children and youth:
NUMC also offers two age-based Sunday School classes for youth and children that begin at 9:30 a.m.:
- Preschool – 1st Grade—Meets in the Nursery and is using Faithweaver to consider families and how important they are and how God is like a parent whom we can trust to care for us. Led by Ms. Judith Lawless.
- 2nd –5th Grade—Meets in God’s Training Center and has taken over the Facebook page! As iWitnesses, they are learning practical ways to share their faith with others. Led by our Children’s Minister, Amanda Middleton.
- Grades 6 and up — Learn the Bible and topics related to faith in the world today with David Phelps, NUMC youth minister.
TIME FOR YOUNG DISCIPLES
During worship each Sunday, Pastor Mary gathers the children for the Time for Young Disciples and explores an aspect of the morning scripture with them. Afterward, children are invited to remain in the sanctuary with parents or go to Children’s Church where they are led in worship activities by Children’s minister, Amanda Middleton.